- Today, in the age of a full-scale global society, marine transport plays an important role to support the growing world economy as primary means of international physical distribution. In the field of domestic physical distribution, on the other hand, modalshift from overland transport to marine transport draws attention because of environmental concerns.The mainstay of marine transport is the various types of ships such as cargo carriers, tankers and many others.
Since its establishment in 1951, Higaki Shipbuilding (HSB) has built over700 such ships, which are now sailing all over the world, We are convinced of our ability to make a contribution to society through the building of these ships. Our ABILITY TO CONTRIBUTE THROUGH SHIPBUILDING is the crown of our labor, which is the accumulation of know-how, technological capabilities, creativity and teamwork. The passion for shipbuilding and professional pride of every HSB craftmanship ABILITY.
- There are three main stages to exercise our ABILITY TO CONTRIBUTE
THROUGH SHIPBUILDING on: They are the “world”, “future” and “local community”.
- 世界貢献Contribution to the world
- The ships built by HSB play active roles in marine transport across the globe. The safe and efficient operation of these ships is a key factor in bringing stability and growth to the global economy. HSB is determined to make a contribution to the development of the global economy by building ships which can meet the needs of the times.
- 未来貢献Contribution to the future
- Currently, higher safety and more energy saving are called for in every ship the shipping industry offers from economic and environmental point of view. Attuned to these requirements, HSB will push forward with the research & development of shipbuilding technology and cultivate human resources to foster a new generation to support the future of the shipbuilding industry.
- 地域貢献Contribution to the community
- Shipbuilding, defined as an integrated assembly industry, consists of combined know-how and human resources from many associated companies in the local community. In other words, the whole local community is involved in the building of a ship. HSB is eager to contribute to the local community by bolstering cooperative relations with these companies.